- Quick Support Form
- [email protected]
- Live Support Chat
How to set up Network Gate Email on Gmail for Android?
Setting up your Network Gate Email account on Gmail for Android
Setting up your email account with an email client can be easily done by collecting your email details and pasting them to your email client configuration.
In case you are using Titan Email, you can connect to an email client via the mobile app.
If you wish to connect to Gmail using Android, you need to make sure that:
- You have an email account created
- Your domain is pointing to our servers
- You got the correct MX records set up
Then you may refer to this procedure:
Step 1 – Gathering your email details
After you have an email account created (hPanel, cPanel, or Titan Email), you can go ahead and collect your current email details:
- How to get email account configuration details on hPanel?
- How to get email account configuration details in cPanel?
- How to get email account configuration details for Titan Email?
In case you are not completely sure about your email password you can easily reset it for Hostinger Email, cPanel email, or Titan Email.
Depending on the type of email service you are using,the email configuration details will differ. For this particular article, we will use Hostinger Email as a reference.
Step 2 – Setting up email in Android Gmail
- Make sure you have Gmail already installed (or install it);
- Add a new email account following this article.
Pages with IMAP and SMTP details inserted will look like this:
That’s it! Now you know how to add email accounts to Android Gmail.
Fixing possible errors
Most of the time, errors are linked with incorrect parameters you are pasting to your email client. For such cases, it is highly recommended to reset your password and input parameters one more time, following the tutorial.
If it still doesn’t work, try using alternative ports and encryption modes:
- Non-SSL IMAP: 143 port
- Non-SSL POP3: 110 port
- Non-SSL SMTP: 587 port