Online Teacher, Coach, Mentor, Lector (Geography)
The Ikandu study quality assurance system was created by the International Education Center (hereinafter - TUC) in the course of international projects and the development and implementation of the internal study quality management system in accordance with the European Higher Education Area's study quality assurance provisions. The quality assurance of studies is based on the cultivation of a culture of quality arising from the values established by international educational missions, monitoring and analysis of study data and internal dialogue on continuous quality improvement, which is based on the collected data and the results of external study evaluation.
- IKANDU, VšĮ
€25K - €36K
At IKANDU, we are building a global marketplace to unlock human potential through learning. Currently, IKANDU connects 300+ tutors with hundreds pupils, students from every country in the world. We are looking for dedicated, enthusiastic, and passionate online teachers, Coachs, Mentors, Lectors to coach, tutor, and help pupils, students achieve their learning goals and dreams.
What’s in it for you:
- Connect with learners around the world. We have hundreds of thousands of pupils actively learning on IKANDU, from every country in the world.
- 12 students per class so you have time to interact with everyone.
- Manage your business effectively. We provide business management tools so you can focus entirely on teaching.
- Conduct your lessons with ease. We designed your virtual teaching space to help you manage your pupils, students and bring your lessons to life.
- Learn and improve with other tutors. We provide the most professional development opportunities and connect you with other tutors to help you improve and learn new teaching techniques and approaches.
• To always act in the best interests of pupils.
• To support the IKANDU’s ethos and aims.
• To act in accordance with IKANDU policy and the IKANDU’s Code of Conduct
• To breakfast and have evening meals with the teachers and pupils.
• To monitor pupils and students during house based academic and free time activities.
• To supervise relax time
• To provide supervision on approximately three evenings a week, as well as supervision on a weekend approximately every three weeks, on a rota basis.
• To always act in the interest of students’, pupils’ welfare, in accordance with the IKANDU’s Child Protection Policy.
• To supervise the well-being of students, pupils and support practices that encourage this.
• To act as a caring and supportive contact person for students, pupils.
• To monitor the extra-curricular commitments of students, pupils, and support these wherever possible. To report any welfare issues or concerns relating to students, pupils with the Office Manager and Child Protection Officer.
• To encourage considerate and respectful behaviour and be consistent in expectations.
• To promote links with day students, pupils at IKANDU’s, as well as between parents and the local community.
• To liaise with the Assistant IKANDU regarding any accidents or health issues.
• To liaise with form teachers and support parents in work toward school-related targets or additional criteria proposed by the Head of Department.
• To promote house activities and games evenings.
• To monitor the security of the learning house.
Professional Learning Responsibilities
• To maintain thorough and current knowledge in the subject area(s) taught.
• To maintain a full overview of curriculum developments.
• To engage fully with professional learning opportunities, including In-Service Education and Training (INSET), working groups and
professional learning communities, even where these fall outside core acamedy hours.
• To work collaboratively and support the professional learning of colleagues.
• To engage with evidence and research to direct improvements in teaching and learning.
• To be genuinely reflective towards one’s practice and pursue consistent improvement.
• To engage fully with structures that support professional learning, including appraisal and obser-
What you need to become a IKANDU tutor:
- Proficiency in the education you wish to teach
- Experience teaching one-on-one classes with proven results, preferably online
- Experience providing comprehensive materials and resources to meet students’ needs
- A high-speed internet connection
- Be energetic, patient, responsible and cheerful
To apply, be ready with the following:
- A short description about yourself
- Your best headshot
- A description of your strengths as a tutor
- A short video introduction to let students get to know you (you can record this on the IKANDU platform when you apply)
- A digital copy of your certifications and/or diploma to be uploaded
- Your schedule & availability
Junior level. Bachelor’s degree in one of Educology, Antropology, Psychology, Sociology or related fields with relevant experience/knowledge on the HR front
Language one of Lithuanian, Russia, Polish, English, France, Japan, Korean, Latvian, Estonian, German, Ukraian, Sweden, Italian, China, Arabian
Master’s degree in one of Educology, Antropology, Psychology, Sociology or related fields is a plus
A comprehensive criminal background, drugs check helps us build a team we can trust, while also mitigating risk and protecting our education company’s reputation. Using criminal record background checks during our hiring process helps us:
- Minimize risk and create a safe, secure workplace
- Safeguard assets, employees, and customers
- Protect our organization against liability claims
- Maintain your organization’s reputation and trust within the community
- Make fair decisions for fair chance hiring
- Comply with federal, state, local, and industry regulations
- Develop public safety and security
Online Teacher, Coach, Mentor, Lector (Geography)
48h / week
€13,02 - €18,75 / hour
€25K - €36K netto